Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Bitcoin is down more than 10% in the past 24 hours and could once again fall below the $10,000 mark soon. You can track its price in real time here.
Here are the full standings:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $10,073 (-10.8%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,096 (-6.3%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.16 (-8.3%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,530 (-7.2%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $167 (-7.3%)
What else is happening:
- The SEC has halted the ICO of a Texas «cryptocurrency bank,» alleging that AriseCoin was nothing more than a scam. Arise Bank, whose website was offline Tuesday, had already raised $600 million of its $1 billion goal.
- The iced tea company that avoided de-listing by pivoting to blockchain may once again be at risk of being kicked off Nasdaq’s exchange.
- Another crypto startup that vanished and changed its website to the word ‘penis’ allegedly stole the identities of its team.
- Measuring cryptocurrencies by their market caps is a bad idea, one crypto CEO tells Business Insider.
- Coincheck’s $543 million hack could mean big changes in the crypto space, a new report from BI Intelligence says.